http://184.108.40.206/loader.jsThese muffins are so yummy. When I bake them, they are usually gone before they have had the chance to cool down! If your kids are in any way like mine, you might want to double the recipe. One of my sons always says ” best muffins ever, make some more please, please, please”
Gluten free and Grain free
Look Ma….no flour! But you will need your hands to whip up these muffins. No flour, no starches, no grains: nada. Good ole Almond butter or Cashew butter or even Sunflower seed butter, though I haven’t tried that one yet. At this point , you are probably thinking, o.k. she said yummy, her kids said yummy, but they are probably really dense. Surprise – they are super light and moist.
Nutritious and delicious
While these muffins have passed the taste test, they also have a high nutrient score. Packed with protein in every bite and just lightly sweetened. Almond butter contains several essential water soluble and fat soluble vitamins, is a good source of magnesium, manganese, phosphorus and even vitamin E. In addition, Almond butter contains calcium, iron, zinc and trace amounts of B vitamins. It is also a source of omega 3 fatty acids. Even though these are sweet, they are a great snack and combined with the eggs and banana they are filling too.
- 1 cup Almond butter ( or other nut butter)
- 2 medium size bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup ( 1 is sweet enough for us)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips ( I use these)
- Optional topping of cinnamon and coconut sugar, or just cinnamon to sprinkle on top.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together except for the chocolate chips and optional topping. You can use a blender or a food processor.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a greased muffin tin or muffin/cupcake cups. Makes 12 regular muffins or 24 mini muffins.
- Add optional topping.
- Bake for 15 minutes or 10 minutes for mini muffins.
- Cool on wire rack if possible. Bon appetit!